While doing research on something to bake, I found out that cookie dough could be eaten without being baked. And according to wiki its good comfort food, especially for women! Since I was going to meet corrine, yesterday, I decided to make this for her. I made some changes to the recipe because I really dont like chocolate chips. I think they are over priced just because of their shape. So I used M&Ms and Hersheys kisses as a substitute.
Hersheys kisses look like the figures for a board game. The lines are there because I had to plan where to place the hersheys kisses such that three colours are in one cube.
All sliced and ready to go.
Adapted from here.
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pack of M&M min
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- To make the cookie dough pieces, mix the melted margarine, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir in the flour to make a dough, and knead in 1 pack of M&Ms minis. Form the dough into a disk about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick, place it on a sheet of plastic wrap, and then shape the disk into a square with your hands.
- Place the square piece of dough in the freezer for about 10 minutes, until cold and stiff, and then slice it into 1/2 inch square pieces. Refrigerate the dough pieces while you make the cream cheese fudge.
- Mix together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until smooth, and stir in the melted chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Lightly fold in the cookie dough pieces, and spread the candy out into the prepared dish. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until firm, and remove the candy from the foil-lined dish. Cut into squares, and serve.