My First attempt at baking cheese cake! I thought it tasted better not baked ( I placed it in the fridge till ready to eat and thought it was a little too hard for my liking, however even though the outside is hard, the inside is relatively soft.) but I'm not sure if its possible to eat it, not baked, without having a tummy ache.
Original Cheese cake recipe is here
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs ( I used some chocolate wheat cookie as substitue.)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 6 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine with a fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the egg.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.