Its sunday and for once the sun is out and shinning today. No surprise I am baking yet again. I've decided to bake for my colleagues, and I figured, lets try with something that I could bring to work more easily and not as filling. Hence Shortbread! There aren't many variations in Green tea shortbread, so I decided to use the one I found from Here.
I love baking with jazz music. If I have a kitchen of my own, I'll definitely have a good music player and a huge oven of course! Nothing beats that! Ah, jazz (Stacy Kent is my favorite singer!) is something I totally indulge in. All the romantic ideals, forgetting about the fast pace city life, enjoying and soaking up the music. Helps make the world a beautiful place to live.
For easy reference, I shall post the recipe here as well.
1/2 C Confectioners sugar
5oz ( about 147g) Unsalted Butter
1 3/4 C Flour
3 Egg yolks
1.5 Tbs Matcha powder
1/2 C Granulated sugar (for coating)
2) Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in colour ( I used my spatular to mix)
3) Add the flour and mix until well combined
4) Add the egg yolks and mix just until eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
5) Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm ( about 30 mins)
6) Prehear the oven to 177 degree C. Line a sheet pan with baking paper
7) Roll the dough out to 1/2" thickness
8) Cut the dough with cookie cutter
9) Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat
10) Place the sugar-coated cookie on the baking paper lined pan. Bake for 12-15mins or until slightly golden around the edges.