Whats on the menu for dinner tonight?
I haven't really appreciated public holiday until I started working. Waking up any time of the day, without having to dress up for work and without having to stand like packed sardines in the morning train. Just simply opening your eyes and thinking what to do for fun is FUN.
I had actually been planning to bake this all week, because its the first time I am preparing dinner, with proper food. Or rather with raw meat. Went grocery shopping with Sister Tan this morning and if the temperature had not be so cold in the supermarket, I would have stayed there the whole morning, stocking up the kitchen.
So dinner for tonight is Cool Cucumber Salad. Well The first time I had really good cucumber Salad was at ah huat's grandma's place. I honestly did not know this simply vegetable could taste that good! So I was searching for a nice simple recipe and found this chive cucumber salad recipe. I've modified a little because I prefer using dill instead of chives.
2 Large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 C Yogurt
1.5 Tbs Fresh dill
1 Tbs vinegar
1/4 Tsp Garlic powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
Salad: Mix all the ingredients and Store it in the fridge till ready to serve.
Afraid that the food might not be enough for the three of us, I decided to bake some herb potato which is super simple to make!
1 Bag New potatoes, scrubbed and diced. ( The potatoes were small enough for me to just halve them.)
Pepper ( for taste)
1 Tbs Rosemary
1 Tbs Garlic
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1) Preheat oven to 219 degree C.
2) Coat the base of your baking pan with olive oil
3) Mix the ingredients together with the potato, ensure that every potato is coated with the seasoning.
4) Place seasoned potato in the pan and drizzle some olive oil before baking for 20-25 mins.
2/3 Chicken Breast ( Depending on number of servings)
1 C Breadcrumbs
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
1/4 C Flour
1-2 Eggs ( Depending on quantity and size of meat)
1 Tbs Oregano
1/2 Tsp salt/ Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 218 degree C. On one plate combine flour, salt, pepper. On another plate Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and oregano and in a bowl scramble the egg.
2) Place chicken breast in a bag and pound them. In assembly line fashion, dredge your meat in the flour first. Shake off any excess. Move on to the eggs and then to the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet, coated with thin layer of oil.
3) Depending on how thin your meat is, bake for about 20mins. Tadah! Dinner is ready to serve!
The schnitzel was moist on the inside and not too oily on the outside. Serve it with a slice of lemon and mustard! Together with the Refreshing cucumber salad and herb potato!