Monday 21 September 2009

Apple plum muffin

Its been ages since I last baked because there are so many things distracting me right now. On saturday afternoon, when he decided to go exercise, I had some time to bake something. I spotted a slice of apple crumble in the fridge and wanted to bake apple crumble. I know it does not make sense to bake something that is already sitting around in the fridge but in my determination to bake something with apples, my brain did not function very well. After searching for a good apple crumble recipe I realise, its troublesome to bake apple crumbles because most of the good recipes made use of instant pie crust.

Hence I ended up searching for apple muffins. I chance upon an apple donut muffin and was reminded of the same apple donut muffin. Not very interesting. Since there were some plums lying around in the house I decided to modify the recipe, baking Apple plum muffins. Which turned out pretty moist and soft.



Adapted from Tried and Tested

Ingredients
2 apples
3 plums
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
75g butter
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

Method
1) Peel and roughly chop the apples and plums



2) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Rub the butter against the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs

3) Beat the egg. Pour in the milk and stir lightly. Add the chopped apple and plum to the egg-milk mixture.

4) Pour the apple plum mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until blended.



5) Form the batter into loose balls and place in the muffin pan.

6) Bake at 180C for 25min.






Makes 9 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin