Hence I ended up searching for apple muffins. I chance upon an apple donut muffin and was reminded of the same apple donut muffin. Not very interesting. Since there were some plums lying around in the house I decided to modify the recipe, baking Apple plum muffins. Which turned out pretty moist and soft.
Adapted from Tried and Tested
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1) Peel and roughly chop the apples and plums
2) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Rub the butter against the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs
3) Beat the egg. Pour in the milk and stir lightly. Add the chopped apple and plum to the egg-milk mixture.
4) Pour the apple plum mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until blended.
5) Form the batter into loose balls and place in the muffin pan.
6) Bake at 180C for 25min.
Makes 9 muffins