Sunday 11 October 2009

Corn Muffin

After having lunch with Corrine and Rachel last week at Kenny Rogers, I was inspired to bake some corn muffins for a while now. And today I finally got down to baking them. Well the truth is, these muffins does not last anywhere like the Kenny Rogers corn muffins unfortunately. They taste like muffins, with corn in them. Its not to say that they taste horrible. In fact they are moist on the inside and I could actually taste honey in the muffins and they are not too sweet.

So for the past few weeks I have been working and swimming and meeting up with friends.



Desktop21

I was watching MTV today and they were playing hits from the 80s and 90s. ( Men I feel old) I paused to watch the music video by Alanis Morissette, "Hand in my Pocket". The line in the lyrics actually hit me.

"I'm lost but I am hopeful baby."

Desktop20

"I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm worthless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby."

Desktop19

"what it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving the peace sign."

Desktop18

When I had my first corn muffin, I felt like my muffin. Its tasty, but no where near my expectation. I can't really pin point what I have done wrong, or perhaps its just not the right recipe. Yes, it taste like muffins, soft and moist on the inside. Indeed I could taste the corn and honey as well. But simply not as special as I thought it would turn out.

Pardon how this entry has turned into an entry about how I feel currently. My food seem to simply reflect my emotions. I am not feeling emo or sad btw. Rather, I dont know whats up right now.

Before I go on and on about how I feel, I got the recipe from this link
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Krissys-Best-Ever-Corn-Muffins/Detail.aspx
I have no idea how to link this website to the blog anymore, because as I am posting this right now, the layout of writing a new entry on blogger is totally confusing.

P.S. I did not use cornmeal, as stated in the recipe because I could not find any, so I used corn flour instead, which worked pretty alright. perhaps its because I could not find cornmeal that my muffin did not turn out ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin